Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    "The top two teams from the region go to state, so this really doesn't determine much except where you play," Grayson County coach Charles Campbell said of today's final. "But who wants to play out in the middle of a coal field?"

    When the Grayson Co. Blue Devils come down to Gate City to play those Lady Blue Devils, anyone who is proud to be from "the coalfields" need to be there in the Gate City stands on both sides and sitting up on the stage holding about three pieces of coal in one hand and a roll of 50's in the other and have all the ladies in the gym wearing all kinds of bling on their fingers and around their neck. And all the guys can have unlit cigars in their mouths and derbys on their heads. With signs up that read, "Region D: We keep Region C warm in the winter."
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    I don't really follow VB but if I'm not mistaken haven't the past 3-5 state champions come from here.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    I think it is actually the past four. I know GC has won it back to back and then didn't Rye Cove win it the two years before that? I think the paper said they won it twice in 2003 because it moved from winter to fall. So actually four state championships have come from here recently.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    The last time a Region C team defeated a Region D team in volleyball to move on to the state finals was in 2001, which was when George Wythe defeated New Kent for the title. Here's the state final results since that 2001 season:

    Fall Volleyball (2003 to present)

    2005 - Gate City (D) defeated Altavista (B)
    2004 - Gate City (D) defeated Nortwood (C)
    2003 - Rye Cove (D) defeated George Wythe (C)


    Winter Volleyball (2003 and before)

    2003 - Rye Cove (D) defeated Rappahanock (A)
    2002 - Altavista (B) defeated Gate City (D)
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    What is this guy babeling about, he must think Grayson County is the gateway to Paris or something. Last time I went to Independence, it was just a little run down town like Clintwood, Pound or any other small town around here. Gate City has alot more to offer being so close to the tri-cities.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    Really
    When we went up there in state in baseball, I couldn't help but notice how dingy their field was. Guess Shupe Field (located smack dab in the middle of the Coalfields) had gotten me spoiled.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    Just for that, I hope Gate City drills Grayson. And the people at GC should play "How Bout You" by Eric Church over loud speaker.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    You got that right trumpet. Thats what I am saying. Regular season we can really get after each other and everything. When state quarterfinals, semifinals and finals come around though and Region D has someone playing in them, they not only represent whatever school they are from but all of us. When I hear people talking smack about "the coalfields", it makes me wish that GC would move their volleyball game to the middle school. I'm sure Region D could pack that place out. I wonder what the Region C reps would do if they saw about 2200 people pay to get into a volleyball game with coal dust all over their faces? My guess they would probably be spending a half hour cleaning up the floor because probably half of them would crap on themselves.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    I've lived here in Berea for 3 months. A lot of the locals are like home but the college people have way different accents and some are northern.

    I love it here but those who ask me where I'm from I gladly say "Big Stone Gap, Virginia".

    PV and GC may not be exactly friends but this Viking hopes GC lays it to Grayson for that coach's comment.

    "I know where I come from, how 'bout you?"
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My response to the Grayson Co. coach remark.......

    To anyone from Gate City who may be on this board, have you ever or would the school ever put some bleachers on the stage? I was just curious. After hearing this remark from the Grayson Co. coach, those Blue Devils from Grayson County may be living hard come Tuesday night. I know I'm going to be there to watch it. I'm stoked up right now and I'm a Viking but Tuesday night... for this one night.. I'm going to be a pimped out Blue Devil. Anyone in Region D, this should make you want to go catch a volleyball game just to go harass all the people who think Southwest Virginia ends at Roanoke. And to all you Region C reps who think SW VA does end at Roanoke, go to Duffield take a left on U.S. 58, follow it for about an hour then you can get out of your car and admire the end of SW VA by looking into a tunnel that was made so that all kinds of people could gain access into these great mountains that go into Kentucky that have all kinds of coal in them. You know.. that black shiny thing that is in the ground that most of you probably thought was just a pretty rock?
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •